Fon offers a complete self-service support option defined as Help center, accessible from anywhere anytime as long as you are connected to a hotspot. And if you cannot find an answer, you will be able to submit a request to our Customer support team, through the creation and follow up of a support ticket.
Customer support hours of operation are listed below:
Monday to Friday
9:00 am - 6:00 pm (GMT+1)
* Excluding Spanish public holidays (Jan 1st, Apr 29th and 30th, May 1st, 2nd and 15th, Aug 15th, Oct 12th, Nov 1st and 9th, Dec 6th, 8th and 25th), when the Customer support team will respond to your email upon their return.
Whenever you are connected to a hotspot and require assistance, you can click on the support link provided on the captive portal (location on-screen can vary depending on the network). The example here applies to BTWiFi-with-Fon network:
You will instantly be redirected to our Help center and be able to start looking for the information needed.
Fon Help center is composed of 2 main categories, to support 2 different products/services. Click on Access network:
This category explains in details how to connect to our network in all the countries where Fon is operating, depending on your user profile. Indeed, connection details/instructions are different whether you are a pass/promocode user, or a Sharing member. The troubleshooting section provides tips in order to avoid/solve common issues.
Creation and follow up of a support ticket
If you cannot find an answer, you can also submit a request to our Customer support team creating a ticket, clicking on the orange "Submit a ticket" link at the top right corner of any section or article page view:
Fill in the form that appears after clicking the link, providing as many details as possible about your profile and account (email address), situation (network name, country), device (model, operating system), and the nature of your problem (payment issue, connectivity issue, etc.). Attachments such as screenshots can also be added to your inquiry.
Once you submit your inquiry, you will receive a confirmation email to the email address previously introduced in the field "Your email address", with information about response times for example.
Tickets have a 3 stage life cycle, as described below:
- Open: this status is assigned to your ticket when it is created and awaiting for an agent to provide an answer
- Awaiting your reply: this status is assigned to your ticket when an agent has provided a reply and is awaiting for you to read it, and if necessary, to answer it
- Solved: this status is applied to your ticket when you did not provide an answer to the agent, considering the issue does not require your attention any longer
If the reason why you did not provide an answer to the agent was only due to a lack of time, or you wish to update the ticket with additional information, you can still create a follow up of the ticket.
To do so, click on your avatar at the right of the header, and select My activities to get to My requests page:
Once in My requests page, click the solved ticket you wish to update and on the link "Create a follow-up" at the bottom of the ticket.
Then, select the form that applies to your situation:
- Connecting: for inquiries related to the access to the network
- Fon members: for inquiries related to the ownership of a Fonera
- WiFi for Business: for inquiries related to the Fonera for Business service
Finally, complete the remaining fields and click on the "Submit" button:
The follow-up of your request has been successfully sent to our Customer support team. You can edit the ticket at any time if needed:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article