The Fon network in Japan is formed by SoftBank Fon WiFi hotspots, to which Sharing members can connect for free.
You are considered a Sharing member when:
- you are a SoftBank subscriber with the Fon service enabled on your router (check credentials here)
- you are a Fon ISP partner member with the Fon service enabled on your ISP router (check credentials here)
- you have an active Fonera (your credentials correspond to the email address and password used during the registration of your Fonera)
Sharing members can get access using two different ways:
- seemlessly using a co-branded connecion manager app (only available for our partners customers in Portugal, Greece and Poland)
- manually through a hotspot login page (following the below steps)
To get access to our network manually:
- Look to see if a WiFi signal "FON_FREE_INTERNET" is in range of your device and if so, connect to it.
- Open your web browser and wait for the SoftBank Fon login page to load. If it doesn't, type any web address, i.e. "www.bbc.com" into your browser's address bar.
- Select the login option corresponding to your sharing member profile:
- Link "If you are SB user, please click here" for SoftBank subscribers
- "Pass & Fon users" radio button for residential Fonera owners
- "Other users" radio button for subscribers of ISP partners to Fon
- Log in with your username and password.
Once logged in, your session will start.
Notes: if you have difficulties completing this process, please click here to go to the troubleshooting instructions.