The Fon network in Sri Lanka is formed by SLT Fon WiFi hotspots, to which Sharing members can connect for free.
You are considered a Sharing member when:
- you are a SLT broadband subscriber with the Fon service enabled on your router (check credentials here)
- you are a Fon ISP partner member with the Fon service enabled on your ISP router (check credentials here)
- you have an active Fonera (your credentials correspond to the email address and password used during the registration of your Fonera)
Sharing members can get access connecting manually through a hotspot login page (following the below steps):
- Look to see if a WiFi signal "sltgo" is in range of your device and if so, connect to it.
- Open your web browser and wait for the SLT Fon login page to load. If it doesn't, type any web address, i.e. http://www.bbc.com/ into your browser's address bar.
- Select an option in the dropdown menu below the login fields, corresponding to your sharing member profile:
- "SLT user" for SLT subscribers (default option)
- "Fon users" for residential Fonera owners
- "Others" for subscribers of ISP partners to Fon
- Log in with your username and password.
Once logged in, your session will start.
Note: if you have difficulties completing this process, please click here to go to the troubleshooting instructions.