Sharing members are Fon members who share their broadband connection and in turn get free access at millions of other hotspots worldwide. There are 2 ways to become a sharing member:
- As a Fon ISP partner customer (the list of our partners is available here)
- As a Fonera owner
To get free access to the network, you will have to detect the WiFi signal of one of our partners and log in with your credentials. As a Fon ISP partner customer, your credentials will be the same as your ISP user account's; and as a Fonera owner, it will be the email address and password used for the registration of your Fonera.
If you have any doubt on what credentials to use, please click here.
Hotspots are mainly created by Fon ISP partner routers, and Foneras.
They always contain the word "Fon" for example:
- in Australia: Fon WiFi
- in Brazil: Oi WiFi Fon
- in France: SFR WiFi FON
- in Germany: Telekom_FON
- in Greece: COSMOTE WiFi Fon
- in Hungary: Telekom Fon
- in Japan: FON_FREE_INTERNET
- in the Netherlands: KPN Fon
- in Portugal: NOS_WIFI_Fon or FON_ZON_FREE_INTERNET
- in Romania: Telekom Fon
- in South Africa: @MWEB Fon
- in Switzerland: net+ Fon
- in the Channel Islands: JT Fon
- in the UK: BTWiFi-with-Fon
- in all countries: Fon WiFi, FON_FREE_INTERNET, Fon_xxx.
Hotspots worldwide can be located in advance using our Maps.
To be able to connect to a hotspot you need:
- A WiFi capable device with a web browser i.e. laptop, smartphone or any other WiFi device which has a browser
- A Fon account of some sort
The number of devices that can be used with the same account credentials on the same hotspot vary depending on the network/country. To get more information about these limitations, please get in touch with your ISP. Remember that it is not possible though to connect to different hotspots using the same account credentials at the same time.
If you are not using the Fon for members app, you will be required to login each time you connect to the internet through a hotspot. However, we recommend that you mark the "Remember me on this computer" checkbox. If you wish to disconnect from a hotspot, simply disconnect from the WiFi signal or switch off your device. There is no need to log out.
Next step: click here to know how to connect to Fon in a specific country.
Depending on your sharing member profile, you will be able to connect to the Fon network thanks to the below alternatives. But first be sure to uninstall the old app in order to avoid any conflict.
- if you are a residential Fonera owner, you will be able to stay connected to Fon WiFi for free using the new Fon WiFi app (for now available for download in all countries except UK, and Portugal; will be released in these countries very soon)
- if you are a Fon ISP partner subscriber, you will still be able to connect to Fon WiFi for free manually, or use a co-branded connection manager app (if applicable)
IMPORTANT: Co-branded connection manager apps are available for:
- NOS subscribers (Portugal): NOS wi-fi (Android / iOS)
- COSMOTE subscribers (Greece): OTE Fon (Android / iOS)
Note: If you are using your ISP dedicated connection manager app (not the co-branded) and you travel, you will have to connect manually to hotspots. For this, please click here and choose the corresponding country.