Step 1: Open your browser and type register.fon.com in the address bar
Step 2: Enter your Fonera's MAC and PIN CODE
- This information is available on the sticker covering your Fonera.
- Use only numbers (and letters) For the MAC field. Do not use the colons that separate them (this will be filled automatically for you).
Click on "Next" to continue.
Step 3: Create your username and password
Note: If you already have a Fon account, click the "I am already a member" link to skip this step (go to Step 4).
To create a Fon account, enter your Fon name and email and choose a password (all fields are mandatory).
Name: Must be at least 6 characters long.
Email: The email address provided will be your Fon username.
Password: Must be at least 6 (ASCII) characters long.
Tick to confirm you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Click on Next to continue.
Step 4: Locate your Fon Spot on our maps
- Type in your address on the search bar.
- Check that your location is correct. If it isn't, you can drag and drop the pinpoint to the exact location.
- When the pinpoint is in the right location, click "Send".
Step 5: Allow your Facebook friends to connect
If you are interested in sharing your WiFi with your Facebook friends, click the "Facebook" button and link your Fon account to this social network.
Note: To use the Facebook sharing feature, both your Fon and Facebook accounts must have the same email address.
Step 6: You're all set!
That's it, your Fonera is now registered, your Fon Spot on our map and you are part of the world’s largest WiFi network!